Self-Advocate and Family Alliance
The Self-Advocate and Family Alliance is a coalition of family and self-advocate leaders in Pennsylvania. We believe individuals with disabilities need high quality services, education and healthcare to improve and protect their lives and well-being. Our purpose is to influence public policy to ensure disability services and supports are person-centered and promote full participation and inclusion in the community.
- Meeting the human service needs of vulnerable Pennsylvanians is a core responsibility of government.
- Human and civil rights are non-negotiable.
- All people have the right to direct their own lives and achieve their potential.
- Supports lead to a rich productive life and full citizenship in community.
- Services for people with intellectual disabilities and autism should be person centered and individualized.
- All people need FULL access to opportunities including education, employment, healthcare and long term supports.
- Systems need to improve and protect personal health, well-being and quality of life.
We envision a world where all people are valued, respected and included in their community.